Sunday, April 7, 2013

Prose Essay Prompts On: "Life Of Pi"

1) P.39 "But what can you do when you love your father? Life goes on and you don't touch tigers. Except that now, for having accused Ravi of an unspecified crime he hadn't committed, I was as good as dead. In years subsequent, when he was in the mood to terrorize me, he would whisper to me, :Just wait till we're alone. You're the next goat!"

The references made, such as "You don't touch tigers" and "You're the next goat!", bring in a lot of different thoughts, what do you think these references are trying to say? Why is it that the use of animals through this novel is so critical for the author to use? Why do you think the author chose to describe these references in this way?

2) After reading The Life Of Pi, you came away with an idea of what the authors central message and purpose was. Write an essay in which you show how the authors style and use of literary elements helped you come to your conclusion of his purpose and central message.

3) In a well structured essay explain how the author used symbolism to help convey his purpose in a meaningful way. How did the author use symbolism to create His message?





4 comments:

  1. I have found more interesting subjects on the yawn.com blog!Affordable Dissertation Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this an insult or something? If sonny response is I'm glad you could find something that fit you better! However, these type of questions I like to respond to, and I'm sticking to them. Also your feedback is valued and I thank you. Even if you are being honest, mocking me, or being sardonic, it's valued, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My apologies, the dang auto correct on an iPhone, the second sentence should read " If so my response is...." Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi.your post is very interesting.thanks for sharing.affordable dissertation

    ReplyDelete