Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whats The Story

Dickens wrote the novel to show his view on the topic, as discussed in class. He wrote the story to show that some people see things in way that they want to see things not in the way that reality really has them as. Pip always saw things as he thought them to be, not as they were. Then again, why does anyone write anything? Maybe because they are told to in school, or are inspired by something in life. Sometimes when I write something I don't really show why I wrote what I did in the text. All I can do as a reader is guess. My thought is that Dickens wrote Great Expectations to show that even though, in life, you have great expectations from when you are a child, to when you are an adult. The people you go through life with may seem to have one type of intention for you, but they could have a complete different intention, so go through life with your expectations, not others.

No comments:

Post a Comment